January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• One Thing worth remembering William cannot even get in that team as it stands
    although a different player than Antonio still a top class player ..

Good point Brookings.

Bats and Willian and you've got yourself a deal, Conte ;ok
    Doesnt that also apply to Fabregas? A player with a ridiculous assist per game ratio compared to others ( who admittedly is a bit of a snide too ). They got 60M for Oscar and as they're Chelsea they'll expect the same for Willian. So we'll owe them 40M with an Antonio swap before we even think about Batshuayi ;nonono
  • Our top scorer the whole of last season was Payet and Carroll with 9 each, Antonio is at 8 at the midway stage of the league

Find it funny the same person who's given the board a bashing for not getting a £30/40mil striker who can get us more than 15 goals a season yet wants to sell the guy who's on track to get 15 goals this season
  • edited January 2017
    That can't be me your referring to as I've never said any of those things. But yes let's just go way OTT to make a point.
  • I knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion. Looks like it's just me and sweeperz then.
  • I never said I would sell Antonio. Just said I wouldn't be bothered and can see his flaws. Everybody else thinks he's quality, fair enough.
  • He has his flaws, Luke, however we are a team which lets in bucket loads of goals and struggles immensely to score any. Here is a guy who actually has got a remarkable number of goals given the circumstances. So where people ask why on earth would Sunderland consider selling Defoe, a similar argument could be put in the case of West Ham and Antonio.
  • Id be gutted if he was sold. Proper gutted.
  • edited January 2017
    Baracks - I don't disagree.

I don't know why people have exploded over it.

All I said was "it wouldn't overly fuss me if he went". That's not the same as SELL HIM NOW! More than happy for him to stay.

And that if Chelsea came knocking, simply saying "unlucky Michail" is an extremely naive way of looking at it.

That's it. ;ok
  • Luke

But why would you not be fussed?

To me, selling him now is an open invitation to be sucked right back into a relegation scrap which many had thought we had pretty much escaped.
  • Reading the comments back, not a single person has "exploded" over this.
  • alderz said:

Reading the comments back, not a single person has "exploded" over this.

I did.

I burst at my desk.

My boss isn't best pleased. He has to cover my meetings now.
  • I did have a puff of my cheeks which would be considered an explosion to very short people....
  • Feghouli move seems dead, apparently Roma are moving to Musonda of Chelsea

I'm happy with this I think Feghouli has struggled with injuries and he's looked sharp and dangerous in the last few games

If he can stay fit he can be a big player for us still
  • alderz said:

Reading the comments back, not a single person has "exploded" over this.

I meant where I work. Not sure there's a link though. ;wink
  • sweepy23 said:

;ok

Good man sweeperz.

We'll fight this together. ;wink
  • I'm sure angry bear will agree with us... ;whistle
  • Team is unbalanced because of a lack of a RB, if we had a Right back Antonio would be the RW position which suits him more.

I actually think employing the formation Allardyce used would be beneficial too with the Diamond. 4 at the back, Obiang as the holding MF, Lanzini and Noble either side and Payet sitting in the middle with Antonio and Carroll up top.
    You then have the option of Ayew and Kouyate to fill the "up front" "midfield" option after ACON.
  • edited January 2017
    Adrian
    RB - CB - Reid - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Obiang
    Ayew - Lanzini - Payet
    Carroll

Randolph, Ogbonna, Byram, Noble, Antonio, WG, ST

For me that would be our current strongest XI with evebody fit and a new RB, CB signed.
  • Randy is #1 now, think he's earnt it

I'd be tempted to try employ Kouyate at CB, opens up a position in CM and an extra striker

Randy
    RB Kouyate Reid Cressy
    Antonio Obiang Lanzini Payet
    Carroll Hogan

Bit risky but if we are gonna get Hogan for £12/15mil he has to play surely
  • So still no signings
  • But we bought Valencia for approx. that amount. And after seeing him play for us, he definitely does NOT have to play for us!
  • edited January 2017
    ;lol ;lol

#explosiongate
  • Actually, I think Lukerz let the cat out of the bag recently, with his reference to psychology.

I think we are all part of some vast experiment, and he deliberately posts controversial things to study our behaviour. ;hmm
  • I thought that was called 'wumming' ;hmm
  • We should keep Antonio and build a team around him. He gives 1000% (like Billy Bonds did), chases, never gives up, can play in a number of positions (best position is probably RW or a second striker), scores goals, excites crowds, scares opponents just the player we need. I would prefer him to Payet as he has become moody and I don't think his heart is at WHU anymore. If not in January, I think he would be gone in summer.
  • IronHerb said:

I thought that was called 'wumming' ;hmm

Aha another of the Antonio ;hmm club.

Fill yer boots herb. ;wink
  • #AntonioArmy scarvab
  • ;hmm seems like everyone has there price .I love Antonio like Pengeman says gives 1000% and seeing what teams are asking for some of the crap out there ,I would not let him go for under 25m even then I would be so upset .like someone else said on here build a team around him ...... ;hmm after thinking about it perhaps 40 m would ease the pain just a bit
  • Lukerz ;lol

I don't really think we are the subject of your psychological experiments. ;whome

This discussion has been closed.