Running 100km (and a few other races) for Hospice UK

13»

Comments

• And there was me planning to retire next year when I hit 60!
  • Nice work Everhopeful + family!

Here's my first post 70th birthday 10K - came second in the 66-70 division.

Stanford_10K

;bowdown
  • Another tortuous 10 mile run this morning. What a struggle, I'm hoping this is down to the extremely warm conditions rather than age catching up with me ;hmm
  • Hope everyone is doing well.

I can't believe that there is only 9 days until my 60 miler.

I can officially say that this year has most definitely not been my best year for training or running in general.

Just got back from a lovely 2 1/2 weeks holiday. Back at the in-laws place in France followed by 3 days in Disneyland Paris.

Sadly I managed to slip a disc as I was loading the car up to head to Disney. Which meant that 3 days of walking and sometimes carrying a small child, well 6 year old, around was pretty painful to say the least.

Did loads of stretching etc every evening and the physio on Friday confirmed that although I had slipped a disc it had mostly gone back in. She taped up my back and gave me more stretches to do.

Been out today for a very easy 5k run and have 2 more physio appointments planned. I am no longer aiming to beat my previous time for the Thames Path, but just to finish it. I'm still hoping to finish in at least 15 hours and am going to be sticking to a very solid plan of run 25 minutes, walk 5 minutes.

Can't believe this year has gone by so quickly.
  • ;nonono

You aren't half having your share of bad luck.
  • Next year I am going to focus on strength work to hopefully reduce down the chance of getting these injuries again.
  • All the best Mooj, hope it goes well.
  • Good luck Mooj - hope you make it in one piece.
  • Thank you all. Sadly my back decided that it hadn't had enough time to heal. Had to drop out at the 31.5 mark after another slipped disc. Not a full on slip I don't think as I can still move but something went that almost made drop where I was standing.
    Was a slow and painful 5 mile walk to the half way point.
  • ;weep ;hug
  • Oh no, sorry to hear that ;hug
  • I got full tough mudder to do in 2 weeks ;weep
  • Pictures, or it didn't happen.
  • MrsGrey said:

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

If I make it I will post pics #pinkypromise
  • edited September 2017
    FB_IMG_1506187860540
    I did it Mrs Grey. Top right as you look at the picture (next to "to start" text).
  • Most excellent ;thumbsup ;bowdown
  • ;wahoo ;clap ;champagne

Is that the before or after? ;wink
  • Brilliant! Well done, you!
  • A bit suspicious. Doesn't look much like his profile pic.

(Well done)
  • Although I'm very impressed, if if was Moojoor, he would have finished, turned round and done the course again in reverse
  • Hamstew
    Well done!
    You didn't get much mud on you!
  • edited September 2017
    Lol. You'd get loads of mud on you then they put you on an obstacle where you get plunged into water. So forever getting muddy then wet again. The ice water was a killer.