Reece Oxford - signs new deal

edited December 2016 in Men's First Team
Turns 18 today and signed a new 4 1/2 year deal with West Ham.

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2016/december/16-december/oxford-signs-new-contract

Comments

• ;wahoo Good news. I hope his feet stay firmly planted and he works hard. Him and Burke should be pushing for first team matchday squad status next season (or sooner). If we continue with three at the back as our main system and make it work, we should be well covered for years. If Byram is half as good as Cresswell then we should be covered in the right wing back area too (ish) ;scarf
  • Good news this. I think next season could be the big break through. Ginge is likely to take a back seat and I think our CB pool will be Reid, Ogbonna, Oxford and Burke.
  • There's a journo at the Mail who is now wondering what he is going to use as his standard filler for the next three years, now that Man City/Man U are not preparing to swoop for Hammers starlet.
  • There's a journo at the Mail who is now wondering what he is going to use as his standard filler for the next three years, now that Man City/Man U are not preparing to swoop for Hammers starlet.

Nope, it's the Mail. They will just carry on running the same story. Facts or such don't mean much to them.
  • Mooj

Fair point ;ok
  • Great news. Needs to be more involved in the first team now (i know he has been injured)

As OCS says Burke and Oxford should really be in the first team squad.
  • How sick must the Spuds be to have let him go ;lol
  • Great news

This lad really is a talent and has the physique and mentality to really make inroads in the game

Must be noted that he is very very young, only just turning 18 so don't want to push him too quickly, remember him struggling against Lukaku last year in a game he just shouldn't have been involved in

In a perfect world I'd like him to go on loan, think this ankle injury may have stunted him a little bit and needs constant game time but when you look at Nordtveit coming on you can't help but think Oxford can do that job even now

As I said great news and can't wait to see eh I'm develop over the years
  • ...remember him struggling against Lukaku last year in a game he just shouldn't have been involved in

So has every West Ham defender before and since ;wink
  • Absolutely delighted with this,it's the best news we've had so far this season.If we can just get rid of some of the donkeys we bought or loaned pre-season & bring in a decent striker we might even end up having a decent season. COYI!!
  • ;wahoo great news
  • Fantastic news.
  • Hoping there's a hefty buy out clause in that contract